Amsterdam Marijuana Laws
So lets start off with how marijuana is treated in Amsterdam. Soft drugs as cannabis in all its forms (marijuana, hashish, hash oil) are legal under condition of so called “personal use“. As a result smoking of cannabis even in public, is not prosecuted as well as selling it. Marijuana is widely tolerated provided that it happens in a limited, controlled way (in a coffee shop, small portions, 5 grams maximum transaction, not many portions on stock, sale only to adults, no minors on the premises, no advertisement of drugs, the local municipality did not give the order to close the coffee shop.
The Netherlands has a special tolerance policy on soft drugs, but if we look at the laws:
– Possession of drugs is punishable, again, with a maximum of 5 grams of cannabis (weed, marijuana or hash) the police will seize the drugs and you will normally not be prosecuted.
– If you have more soft drugs than the quantity for personal use (5 gram) you will be fined and risk a prison sentence
– Minors are not allowed to have any drugs, the tolerance policy does not apply to them, so you must be 18 or over to buy drugs
– Growing marijuana at home is illegal.
– Hard drugs are not allowed
– Import and export of drugs is illegal
– You cannot smoke in public, and use of soft drugs like smoking weed is not allowed either but you can do that in Amsterdam coffee shops.
There are no 420 tours .
This is a short brief overview on Amsterdam Marijuana Laws. For detailed information go here. http://www.amsterdam.info/drugs/
Informational travel video about Amsterdam.
Nothing on this website should be considered legal advice or used for legal advice. We are not advocating the use of marijuana in places where it is illegal. This site is for adult vacation informational and entertainment purposes. Please follow the marijuana laws during your visit to the state or country your in. Do not try to export cannabis out of legal areas !
We try to make every effort to assure our information is complete & true on this site, we offer no guarantees as to the accuracy of it.